Let us design your next building project
David Stiles, a certified industrial designer and licensed builder, has over forty years of experience in the design field.
All of the designs on this web site are his, and many of them have been built by him personally.
E-mail us for project cost estimate.
We specialize in designing:
Garden Accessory Buildings
How It Works
- Send us an e-mail message using the email address provided on our home page. Please be sure to describe your project and include your telephone number in your email message.
- We'll call you to discuss the details (dimensions, materials, style, etc.) and give you a cost estimate.
- To proceed, a down payment of one-half of the estimate is required.
- We will fax you a preliminary design, giving you the opportunity to make any changes and comments. Your changes will be incorporated into the design and faxed back to you for final approval.
- Upon receipt of your final payment, finished plans will be mailed to you.
David Stiles worked with me over the course of a month to custom design a small structure to be used as a combination home office and storage shed.
The structure was to be built in the English "Cotswold" style (all timber and brick construction) to match the style of my house.
David was very responsive to my ideas and input and cleverly incorporated some of my design themes of my house into the cottage plans.
I appreciated his enthusiasm for my project, his timely turnaround, and his fair price.
He was also helpful in "tweaking" the plans to make changes required by my local building department that helped me secure a permit for the project.
All this was accomplished smoothly in spite of a 2,500 mile distance between us (California vs. New York).
I feel very lucky to have found David to help me with the project.
Sometimes an existing design will fit the bill, so check out these comprehensive plans too: "The Perfect Shed", "Tudor Backyard Building", and "timber-frame kit" on our Backyard Buildings page.