|You Can Build - A Weekend Project Book
A workshop is more than a place to do something, it is also a sanctuary of peace and order where you can work without interruption.
Workshops You Can Build includes everything you need to know to build your own workspace in your basement, garage, attic or as a separate building.
Over 300 detailed illustrations, including construction diagrams, floor plans and architectural details complement the text and take you through the entire design and building process.
Workshops You Can Build is packed with information and projects that will pay rich dividends for yours to come, including:
No matter what your skill level, you will find a workshop design and layout in this book that can easily be customized to meet your individual requirements.
- Why and Where to Build - choosing the best site for efficiency, budget and comfort
- Planning and Design - coping with neighbors and communities, permits and other design considerations
- Building Your Workshop - information on foundations, framing, roofing and construction fundamentals
- Detailed Designs - for home offices, writer's retreats, artist's studio and carpenter's workshops
- Skill Review - woodworking and carpentry tips and techniques from the experts
"Reviews from this book:"
I just purchased your WORKSHOPS book, and I love your attention to detail; your isometric cut-away sketches are very thoughtfully and generously rendered. I'm a self-taught builder, sign maker, plumber-whatever, and I've done some framing, carpentry, etc. over the years and this book answers all my questions, i.e., what is a cripple stud?, jack stud?, rake board?, and at a glance this book has educated me and I'll use it as a reference book for all future projects. I'm an artist as you are as well and I've learned more from your book than other books that I have on the shelf. Thank you. Jim from Maine